Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Baby Post

Lets get ready to go to the hospital and have a baby!!!


Haha, not this early! 

But I have been picking up a few things here and there for my first few days with a newborn and thinking about what things I will bring this time around, and what things I will be leaving at home. 

So, here is my list. Its pretty thorough, get ready to learn.....not really. Probably the least thorough list out there. Enjoy anyway!!

Things Im bringing this time:


These. My milk always comes in the day after I have the baby, and I always wind up engorged at the hospital. Its no fun. I am very thankful that I have a good milk supply, but I do wish my body would give me a little break. I mean, I thought I was supposed to have a couple days of just colostrum? Negative. The booby tubes will be awesome to either heat up in the microwave or freeze for some relief. Go here if you want a pair.

Milkies! My friend Emily introduced me to these after she had her little boy and I was blown away. You put it in your bra or shirt on the opposite boob you are feeding on and it collects all of the leaky milk. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. My method with the other two has been to either just waste all the liquid gold into a breast pad, or to hold a little bottle to catch the milk. Not the most effective way! You can get them here.

*Huge underwear. When I had Ryder, St. Vincents was super liberal with the mesh panties, handing them out left and right. It was awesome. Then when I went back to have Lucy I didnt find a huge stock in the bathroom like before. And when I sent George to ask the nurse where they were she whispered that she would try to sneak me a couple of pair. Um what? Why are the mesh panties on lockdown? Im not sure what the mesh situation is at Northport DCH, but I am coming prepared this time. I recently switched practices and this will be my first time having a baby in town. Im excited! PS: do not try to do an amazon search of mesh underwear. I did, and it is not pretty. 

*Bottle brush and dish soap. Even though I plan on breastfeeding, there will be plenty of things that need washing. Like breast pump parts. Pain in my ass.


Now, things I will not be bringing this time around:

*Diapers and wipes. Even though I know they provide them, I always bring a couple "just in case". Just in case of what? I can't imagine I would run out of an entire pack of newborn diapers within 3-4 days. And even if I did, Im pretty sure they would swing another pack my way. 

*Thongs. Yep. When I went to the hospital with Ryder I brought thongs. The only logical reason I can think of is that back then I wore them all the time and thought they were comfortable. I think thats when a "panty line" was a no-no. Who even talks about that anymore? these days if I am sporting a thong its because I haven't done laundry in forever and they are they only things available in the ole underwear drawer. 


anyway, thats all I can think of. Hope everyone had a great Christmas :)







1 comment:

  1. I saw you are planning to take a bottle brush and soap - have you tried the quick wash wipes for the pump parts? I didn't know they existed until Blake called me from Target once we got home from the hospital... I stocked up on them while Target & Toys R Us had them on sale. They're packs of 24, but I cut them in half and use them throughout the day instead of washing the parts (and then wash & sterilize the parts at night) each time. You probably already know about those but I was completely unprepared for all things pumping, so I feel like I'm learning something new every day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...